Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Only New Shoes I Ever Buy

When I was 21 my girlfriend and I wandered into a leather store. The salesman, who was the best in the world, talked me into buying a pair of Allen Edmonds chukka boots.

I'm glad he did. They were the best shoes I ever bought and if you take care of them they will last you your life. The reason why is when they wear out you can send them to Allen Edmonds and for a fee they will rebuild the shoes for you.

Allen Edmonds is one of the few shoe companies they stayed in the U.S. It makes sense. They have very loyal customers and if they left they would lose their customers. And once you lose your customers and reputation you can never get them back. So it's a smart business move on their part.

They're also great-looking shoes.

No comments: