Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Chicks Dig a Good-Smellin' Man

I used to wear Puig Lavender Cologne. And I've had strange women ask me what I was wearing. I know of one guy who met his wife when she approached him because she wanted to know what his cologne was.

The problem with Puig these days is that it is uneven in quality. Why, I don't know, but I do know one guy who told me he bought a bottle that smelled like Brut. So, if you buy Puig (which is Spanish) you have to be careful where you get it from. What's better is Yardley, which is English. It costs a lot but lasts a long time.

Frank Sinatra, the Chairman of the Board, used to wear Yardley Lavender. Then apparently it was no longer made, and he switched to Puig (which, by the way, is pronounced "pooch").

Yardley is being made again, and it is great stuff.

I can't be Sinatra and neither can you. But you can be like me, and that's good enough.

No comments: