Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Game" Would Have Cured His Black Heart - Not!

“The most dangerous men on earth are those who are afraid they are wimps” - James Gilligan

Ressentiment -"a sense of hostility directed at that which one identifies as the cause of one's frustration, that is, an assignment of blame for one's frustration."


So a 22-year-old Elliot Rodger (who wasn't an Angry White Man - his mother was Asian) blows away a bunch of young girls - just like George Sodini.

He also said he was "the perfect man" and "a sophisticated gentleman." Saying that means he was a narcissist - grandiosity covering up his weak, hateful, envious devalued self. (He also said, "I am like a god, and my purpose is to exact ultimate Retribution on all of the impurities I see in the world.") And guess what? His short, scrawny, weak self was bullied as a kid.

He felt humiliated, so he sought revenge to replace his shame and humiliation with pride, a sense of power. Or, to put it another way, Hubris followed by Nemesis. Notice his grandiosity and his devaluation, his hate and envy and self-pity, his "Great I Am" and his "Poor Little Me." Borderline? Perhaps.

I did read an article that he needed "Game."

Hardly.

Being a narcissist, he should have automatically been an expert at exhibiting the Dark Triad - and Dread Game. He should have been an expert at that stuff!

But he wasn't. He was just a grandiose narcissist who expected women to worship his Perfection. But they didn't. So he devalued them and murdered whose he didn't see him as the god he thought he was.

On the other hand, maybe he was an expert at the Dark Triad. After all, that's what narcissists and psychopaths sometimes do - murder people.

"The only two things that can really get us in trouble are the 'Great I Am' and the 'Poor Little Me'" - Alcoholics Anonymous

7 comments:

Dan the Man said...

There is something oddly homosexual about him both in facial appearance, speech and affect. I have to say that both you and Vox are wrong on this. I think he was a tormented homosexual. I think the reason women were not interested in him was that they picked up on the gay vibe. Watch the video again.

Nooky said...

Did he actually try to approach women? All I did was wander around school disco nights as the party died down, but it just left me frustrated, not homicidal.

Unknown said...

Yes, he did come across as effeminate.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading a few posts that speculate whether this was a conspiracy/false flag, which, I must be honest, are not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

I haven't even watched the video. I don't like engaging in these events too much.

But, assuming he was a bona fide sexless loser who went postal, his real problem was not realizing that there is a whole world outside of Los Angeles

Retrenched said...

Having better game might have helped the guy get a girlfriend and get laid, but what happens when she cheats on him or leaves him for another guy? He most likely would have snapped then anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I think game is a good thing, for what it is – young men need to understand what it is that women really find sexy, after all – but to think that it's some kind of panacea that can cure evil or mental illness is beyond ridiculous.

Unknown said...

That's what gets me - the kid was very disturbed. And Game would fix that? Not a chance.

j said...

@Bob
I saw an interesting comment on TRP:
http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/26f2y4/omega_man_kills_6_and_commits_suicide/chr2q5s

He argues that the killer was egocentric, not narcissistic.