Again, none of them were "Alphas." If anything, they hated women. Any man who lies to and tries to manipulate women and uses them as Narcissistic Supply to fill the void where his character used to be...does not like women.
If you want to use that ridiculous sociosexual Greek alphabet soup, these guys were "Gammas," except they were popular with women.
Here's the definition of Gamma: "The introspective, the unusual, the unattractive, and all too often the bitter. Gammas are often intelligent, usually unsuccessful with women, and not uncommonly all but invisible to them, the gamma alternates between placing women on pedestals and hating the entire sex. This mostly depends upon whether an attractive woman happened to notice his existence or not that day. Too introspective for their own good, gammas are the men who obsess over individual women for extended periods of time and supply the ranks of stalkers, psycho-jealous ex-boyfriends, and the authors of excruciatingly romantic rhyming doggerel. In the unlikely event they are at the party, they are probably in the corner muttering darkly about the behavior of everyone else there... sometimes to themselves. Gammas tend to have have a worship/hate relationship with women, the current direction of which is directly tied to their present situation. However, they are sexual rejects, not social rejects."
The ones I know, who did end up getting involved long-term with women, had these women pretty much run their lives. They went from hating and trying to manipulate them to putting them on a pedestal. These guys just happened to be attractive. Otherwise, in terms of character, they were close to being pure Gamma.
Notice that "Gammas" either hate women or put them on pedestals. That's what narcissism is: grandiose or devalued. The PUAs I knew were good-looking and charming (the 20% "Alpha" part) but the other 80% was pure "Gamma."
Everyone has a grandiose and devalued self. If we didn't have a devalued self then no one would be susceptible to shame and humiliation.
In fact, my experience with this "sociosexual hierarchy" is that it's close to being worthless.