Thursday, October 23, 2014

Insulating the Naive from Reality

I am mystified at the naivete I see among some young women. There was a case recently where a young, very drunk, half-dressed woman, staggering home at 3 am, was accosted by some black guy, who pretty much turned out to be a serial killer. She was his second victim. Her body - what was left of it - was found recently

Didn't anyone tell her anything? Parents? Hello? Anyone?

I am pretty much aware of anything that goes on around me. It's kind of hard to surprise me. For that matter, everyone who's been mugged or had something bad happen to them always had a gut feeling something was going to happen to them - and they didn't pay attention to it. I do, and that's why I have never been surprised, never been attacked because I always saw it coming, never had anything truly bad happen to me.

I also know alcohol deadens that spidey-sense. The more you drink, the more disabled it is.

I sometimes get the impression society insulates many women from reality. They're taken care of way too much. Here, get your college degree, we'll give you a make-work job, there are all kinds of social services for you. And they end up having no clue as to what bad things can happen to them.

For example, look at what rape is supposed to be on college campuses, as compared to real rape. Talk about naive!

I see horror as inherent in reality. Experience in life? Yes. All those folk tales my mother read to me as a kid? That, too. All the horror fiction I read. Yep.

But what are women raised on? Romance novels. And they expect men to show up and save them. Chivalry, you know. They still expect it.

I always keep in mind anyone can kill me. The only defense I have is to not do stupid things, stay out of stupid places, stay away from stupid people. And my gut, intuitive feelings.

But a noticeable number of women, essentially being big children, apparently have little to none of those defenses.

Bizarre that women still expect men to protect them, when so many of them abuse men - and don't know it's abuse. But imagine what would happen if men abused women and didn't protect them?

Women would be helpless, and there is little they could do to protect themselves. They are essentially 100% dependent on the good graces and chivalry of men.

5 comments:

Glen Filthie said...

Did you ever have them in the US, Unca Bob? Up here the feminists shat their panties over the idea that slutty attire and behaviour were key components to rape.

Soooo - they decided to band together and publicly 'take back the night' by dressing in sleazy clothes and walking down dark alleys together in the famed protest called 'The Slut Walk'! HAR HAR HAR! That'll learn 'em, girls!!!

Over in Toronto (the cultural rectum of Canada) - you can't call them sluts or whores or even prostitutes. They're 'sex trade workers' now. Good grief.

Yeah, I should be able to leave my keys in the car and not have to worry about it. I should be able to go to work without some failed liberal social experiment robbing me while I'm gone. I am gratified to see that the saner women are taking to licensed concealed carry of firearms. The best person to insure your health and safety is you!

earl said...

Don't ask me to protect myself and learn common sense...teach everyone else on God's blue Earth to not ever attack me.

Leftists...no clue on human nature.

Black Poison Soul said...

Feminism has given modern girls a death-wish.

Anonymous said...

"For that matter, everyone who's been mugged or had something bad happen to them always had a gut feeling something was going to happen to them - and they didn't pay attention to it. I do, and that's why I have never been surprised, never been attacked because I always saw it coming, never had anything truly bad happen to me."

95% of the time, if someone's getting ready to dish out violence, his body language will scream it from a mile away. It doesn't take more than a fraction of a second in one's peripheral vision of someone halfway across a crowded bar to recognize instantly that he's coming over to start trouble. Other than drunk idiots in college, I've never had to fight anyone, but recognizing the signs of trouble helped me walk away from or talk my way out of situations that otherwise would have ended with one of us dead and the other in jail.

"I am gratified to see that the saner women are taking to licensed concealed carry of firearms."

Lots of so-called "Women's Self-Defense Classes" are a joke. Rape whistle? Please. People tend to breathe in rather than out under extreme stress, and even if you manage to make some noise, bystanders will ignore it like they ignore car alarms. Kicking him in the groin is a classic... which is why many rapists wear steel cups when they go prowling.

The funniest one is the car keys forming a "claw" between the fingers. A key can be an okay improvised weapon, sure- but you have to hold and use it like you would a razor blade, slashing with the toothed edge or stabbing with the point. If you hold it between your fingers, it'll fall out the first instant you hit something, and even used correctly, most women are too small and weak to do much real damage.

Carnivore said...

It's not only these girls (off to college in the big city) who are naive, it's their parents as well. Using their 'logic', we should be able to slap an address label and stamp on a Ming vase after having taught all postal employees how to gently handle fragile goods.