Monday, September 1, 2014

Why I Refer to Nearly Everyone as "Sir" and "Ma'am"

I refer to everyone - every clerk, every waiter or waitress, every pizza deliverer, as "sir" and "ma'am. I do not say it to anyone with a white-collar job.

By the way, I once had a well-do-do girlfriend who treated waiters and waitresses like shit. It didn't work out between us.

This post is so good I had to repost it. I don't much read Return of Kings because there so much nonsense on it, but this is right on the money. It was written by "AV8R".


"Do you know what I call the guy that picks up my garbage? What about the person that works at the convenience store, or the construction worker that’s fixing pot holes on my street? I call them 'sir' or 'ma’am', and why do I call them that? Because I’m grateful that they exist. I’m glad there are men willing to bust their asses for 8-12 hours a day in 95-degree heat or 30-degree cold to build, fix, and create things for the betterment of my existence. Far too many women in this country can’t see it because they’re too busy looking down their stuck-the-fuck-up noses at everyone around them. This just in ladies—you ain’t shit.

"The women that say they are 'strong and independent' are the most insolent, intolerable, and incapable vagina-possessing human beings you will ever meet. People that are strong and independent don’t go around trying to convince everyone in their vicinity of how strong and independent they are—it’s on display for all to see. Their actions and abilities will showcase their true potential. A running mouth isn’t compulsory to getting the point across.

"The 'strong and independent' woman is nothing more than a talker—a blabbering mouth that moves at a thousand miles an hour and only stops when there’s a dick nearby that needs to be sucked. It would be nice to see some talents other than fellatio come along to keep that mouth company, but I won’t be holding my breath. And I know, for certain, I’m not alone."

2 comments:

Quartermain said...

I've seen this bs since my teens.

Oh yeh, some of my favorite lines from the article:

It’s safe to say that more and more decent men will be riding off into the sunset with their middle fingers held high in the air.

They’re sick of the arrogance, the snark, and the ridiculous superiority complexes the women in this country constantly exhibit. This goes for all men: blue collar, white collar, and everything in between.

One would like to think that earning an education would open a person’s mind and give them some perspective on life. This doesn’t happen with the majority of women, though. In fact, possessing a degree has become a reason to discard all humility and common courtesy.

Perhaps, most importantly, where has the respect for honest people trying to make an honest living gone?

little dynamo said...

I also often employ sir (or boss/chief) for service-workers -- specifically bc they are laboring for little and providing me with something useful. The females get a soft hon or dear. They usually get big tips, including low-price hotel workers; Americans are so cheap, thoughtless, and spoiled, never leaving tips for people who work hard for squat. Americans, especially women, take it all for granted. They're Special. I've worked hard for squat, so I show appreciation for it in others. Often these folks are stunned than anybody even RECOGNIZED them, much less tipped them heftily.

Likewise I don't pander to white collar empowered females, they get nothing from me but the back of my hand and head, goin' away.

Good post thx.