Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I Was Right But One Primary Off

I had called Trump/Sanders for Iowa but was wrong. I was right for New Hampshire, so I was one primary off.

I lived in Missouri for 15 years, so I know Missouri is called the "bellwether state."

From Wikepedia.

"The Missouri bellwether is a political phenomenon that notes that the state of Missouri voted for the winner in all but one U.S. Presidential election from 1904 to 2004 (the exception is 1956). While states like Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, and New Mexico have been arguably stronger indicators of political trends in recent years, Missouri was a consistent swing state throughout the 20th century. Prior to the 2008 elections, Lincoln County, Missouri was said to be the only bellwether county in a bellwether state. Missouri is also considered a bellwether of U.S. views on hot-button social issues such as stem cell research, gay rights, and school vouchers. Some economists also consider the state a bellwether for economic trends such as consumer confidence and unemployment."

Speaking of "gay (sic) rights," Marco Rubio looks gay to me.

No comments: