Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Natural Born

It's been noticed for thousands of years that some people have natural-born talents.

There is, for example, the natural-born warrior. I've met them, from smart to stupid. The stupid ones become lifers (Lousy Ignorant Fuckup Expecting Retirement). They're stupid and lazy, and can't even retire as Master Sergeants because they can't pass the test. They're the cannon fodder, the first wave ("Good people in back, sorry people up front").

The idea of the natural-born is not taught anymore, apparently because of the idea everyone is a blank slate and can be educated to be anything. Good luck with that retarded notion.

There is also the natural-born businessmen. I think of Andrew Carnegie. These days, Donald Trump.

Bill Gates in an unusual case. He's a natural-born businessman, but he also appears to be a bit of a scholar, too.

There are natural-born scholars, too. In The Canterbury Tales he's the Clerk, who would "gladly learn and gladly teach" and wants little more than a bed with a library of leather-bound books at the head.

The Miller is a not-very-bright natural born businessman, and doesn't understand the Clerk at all, and doesn't understand why he doesn't spend his life trying to make money.

Warrior, businessman, scholar.

There are other natural-born classes. Unfortunately there is the natural-born criminal. Usually they sink straight to the bottom before ending up in prison. I was raised with that kind, so it's not hard for me to identify them.

I once met a man who was a natural-born chef. When I asked him why he enjoyed cooking so much, he told me cooking made him feel "calm and peaceful." What more can you ask from a job than that, along with making enough money? And he did.

One of the problems with the Manosphere, as I have written before, is that it continually trying to shove men into classes that don't exist - that Alpha/Beta Greek soup. And they're based on what? The popularity of men with women? And how to pick up chicks?

Good God, how imbecilic!

Maybe the believers will next try to come up with the "alpha warrior" and the "beta businessman." How about the "omega scholar"?

I've written before the military (before IQ tests) used to divide soldiers into four categories - Lazy and Smart (the best), the Lazy and Stupid (the lifers of which I wrote), the Busy and Smart (officer material), and the Busy and Stupid (kick them out because they get people killed).

I've met several in the latter category. Today they're considered to be afflicted with Dunning-Kruger Effect, which is when someone is incompetent, doesn't know it, and instead thinks they're competent. They're catastrophes and don't have they slighest clue as to what they are.

I judge people on Smart/Stupid, Lazy/Busy, and on their natural talents (the purpose of education is to "draw out" your natural talents).

I do not judge people on Alpha/Beta/Whatever, because it doesn't work. If it did work those definitions would have been noticed thousands of years ago.

As an aside, the government of the United States has now became Stupid and Busy, meddling with its military across the world and creating an empire destined to collapse.

The chef I mentioned? He was pretty smart, and pretty busy, because he and his wife owned their own small cafe (she did the business part, so they were a team).

Whether or not he was an "alpha" or "beta" or whatever was completely irrelevant. Smart, busy, and a natural chef - it's all I needed to know.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blank-statism and all that logically follows must rank among the most destructive ideologies ever devised. Some precious few will achieve greatness or maybe just adequacy. Most will never rise above their base utility as fertilizer.

little dynamo said...

"I've written before the military (before IQ tests) used to divide soldiers into four categories - Lazy and Smart (the best), the Lazy and Stupid (the lifers of which I wrote), the Busy and Smart (officer material), and the Busy and Stupid (kick them out because they get people killed)."



lol. Could be true. They military would have needed to class masses of men broadly and quickly.

Not all lifers were lazy though. We had a master sergeant who was all-good if you accomplished the mission. We did the gig and he got us out of... occasional issues. That's the way it works, or used to at least. We called him Daddy Du__. "Hey Daddy Du__ how many thousands of years before you retire, man? Me and my grandkids will come back to visit you."

A very cool dood.

Unknown said...

I've met master sergeants who were fine individuals. I've also met men who failed the test three times. I've met Stupid and Lazy lifers who spend their lives in the Army because otherwise God knows what sort of moronic job they would have had.

Take The Red Pill said...

"The idea of the natural-born is not taught anymore, apparently because of the idea everyone is a blank slate and can be educated to be anything."

The idea of the natural-born ALSO conflicts with the PC ideas of "Equality", so that every moronic loser with a big mouth and small brain (such as an SJW) doesn't "feel bad" about themselves, and can say, "I'm just as good as you are!" to their natural-born superiors. (This was touched on by C.S Lewis in his essay "Screwtape proposes a toast".

Mindstorm said...

I don't know whether you are deliberately missing the point, Bob. Women don't judge men by the same criteria as the military, duh. For most contemporary women in the reproductive window 'the fault lines 'would be (pardon the frankness):
* does the thought of him screwing me make me hot and bothered, or would I rather whip my favorite adult toy instead?
* would I make him push the stroller with my kid while I have a gossip session with my girlfriends?
See how it goes?

Mindstorm said...

^ ...whip my favorite adult toy out instead?

Unknown said...

I understand quite well, which is why what the Manosphere describes as an "alpha" is something only sick women are attracted to. As for "Roissy' and "Roosh" and "Vox Day"....liars, frauds, naive - and wimps.

Mindstorm said...

Would you state that only sick women like 50 Shades of Grey?

Unknown said...

There is a difference between fantasy and reality.

Mindstorm said...

Isn't it the core of leftist mindset to make a fantasy the reality?

Blogger said...

Discover how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY