Saturday, December 26, 2015

Love, Sex, Companionship

My experience has been relationships are based on three things: love, sex and companionship.

Sex is easy to find and always has been. Relationships based in it never last, and the so-called "leaders" of the Manosphere are adolescents when it comes to it.

Companionship is pretty much obvious and I don't think I have to expand on that.

Ah, now love. That's the rub.

Love, unfortunately, sometimes doesn't last. The "Seven Year Itch" is a real thing.

My experience has also been there are an awful lot of guys out there who spend their time playing video games. They don't have real jobs. I mean ones in their thirties. That's "failure to launch."

As for women, they're the ones with the real problems. Of course, they don't know it, because women are notorious for blaming their problems on men.

I didn't notice women having any particular problems in middle school and high school. But college! There you go!

In college I once met a woman who told me she was going to marry a rich man and have him support her in music career. In Jamaica, of all places.

I asked her what she brought to such a relationship to think she was deserved such support.What's so special about you that makes you lovable? Sex? A cheap commodity. I told her some women were amazing at at - it's like they were made for it - but most were pretty lousy. Companionship? With your mercenary attitude?

I've forgotten what she answered, but it was cheap excuses and rationalizations. She later told a friend of mine she didn't like me. Do tell.

See? I tell her the truth and she blames me for popping her bubble.

Last I heard, she got married and was living in Springfield, Illinois. Her music career? Jamaica? Poof. Gone. Never even got off of the ground.

She's lucky she got what she did - if she still has it.

I've noticed, as have many people, that women want all the advantages of being a man and a woman and none of the responsibilities. I first noticed that about 30 years ago, when I mentioned it to a retired man, who was about 70, and he said, "You know, you're right."

They want the same right as men to attempt to get an easy, indoor, high-paying career (but be a carpenter, as I was? - never!) but still expect men to treat them as traditional woman - court them, ask them out, pay their way.

And they wonder why relationships and marriage and having babies is in such big trouble?

To me, and many others, the problems are obvious!

Women have neve been "oppressed" by some non-existent "patriarchy." Women almost always have had it easier than men. They've been protected and provided for, because they really are the weaker vessel. That's why you don't see them as carpenters and cab drivers and coal miners and loggers and iron workers.

Men do the hard, dirty, dangerous work and then women follow and want the easy stuff.

These problems have occurred in the past many times, in many cultures. When societies try to make men and women equal, it really means giving women special privileges but ignoring the fact that's what it really is.

Such cultures have always collapsed. As best as I can remember, about 80 of them.

Exactly how many women ask themselves, "What do I have to offer? If I act like a man, will men love me? What kind of a pleasant companion am I? And why is so much about adolescent sex today? Is any of it my fault? It can't all be men's fault."

No comments: