Eighty percent of all the people in the United States should not be allowed to vote. The reason? Pareto’s Law.
In the late 1800s, Vilfredo Pareto, who was not only an economist but a gardener. noticed that 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population. In his garden he noticed that 20% of the peapods yielded 80% of the harvest. Thus was born Pareto’s Law, also known as the 20-80 Rule.
His Law has stood the test of time. In fact, it is so important than everyone should be familiar with it. Most people intuitively understand it. Who doesn’t know that the vast majority of crime is committed by a minority of the people?
Joseph Juran uses the phrase “Pareto Principle.” He describes it as “the separation of the vital few from the trivial many.”
Some examples: if you make a bed, 20% effort will get it 80% smooth. If you clean something, 20% effort will get it 80% clean. Twenty percent of the people in the US own 80% of the wealth.
Pareto’s Law means 20% of the people have 80% of the brains and knowledge. Because of this, the other 80% shouldn’t be allowed to vote. This law also means democracy is a lousy method of government.
If everyone could live without working, 20% of the people would continue to work at something (say, scientific discoveries and their applications), but the other 80% wouldn’t work at all. That’s another reason democracy is such a crummy form of government. It assures that 80% of the people are going to try to vote into their pockets the money of the other 20%.
I consider the Welfare State to be feminine. I call it “the Mommy State.” Everyone is a child. No guns allowed. Mommy will take care of you from cradle to grave, assure you a job, unemployment and medical care.
It won’t work. It never has, and never will. When people swoon with tales of the wonders of socialized medicine. I remind them that people think supply is free, demand will skyrocket. That is why in Nothern Europe they rarely save premature infants; they have to put their limited resources someplace else. Doctors place babies to the side and ignore them so they die. And in the rest of Europe, once you reach a certain age, you don’t get treatment. You get painkillers until you die. That same will happen here. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a permanent part of the 80%.
My experience has been that many women are collectivists run by their feelings. That why they vote Democrat, even though the party is as close to pure evil as exists in the US today. It was women who put the psychopathic Bill “I Feel Your Pain” Clinton into office twice.
Men are at fault, too. They vote for the Mommy State because they think it will protect their jobs and lifestyles from the depredations of the rich. They think the Mommy State will give them “security.” It won’t, but it will take your freedom. There’s no freedom at the airports. There’s no security, either.
Unfortunately, Pareto’s Law guarantees us that democracy will always turn into the Mommy State. Eighty percent of the people are going to vote for it.
Few realize the Mommy State has to be protected by the Daddy State. That, I believe, is why it’s not just the Welfare State. It’s always the Welfare/Warfare State. Daddy goes abroad in search of monsters to destroy, to protect Mommy and the little kiddies at home.
How can we assure only the right 20% are allowed to vote? I’m not sure. That’s been a problem for thousands of years. I have some clues, though.
I’m only halfway joking, but I think that any woman who can read a map should be allowed to vote. It shows she’s accessing the logical, rational part of her brain. The same applies to any woman who can merge on a highway without stopping on the entrance ramp and backing up six cars behind her. She’s accessing her masculine, “See, I’m not a woman driver” brain cells.
Men are a bit more puzzling. For a reason I as of yet have no explanation for, many men who are libertarians are also fans of science fiction, fantasy and horror. So any man who is a libertarian and a fan of those three genres should be allowed to vote.
Pareto’s Law if one of the reasons why Murphy’s Law works. Murphy’s Law states, “If something can go wrong, it will.” And when you have 80% of the people will only 20% of the brains, it’s a given something will go wrong. And them’s the facts.