Thursday, August 18, 2016

Women Will Always Do What They’re Told to Do

I knew, right from the beginning, that many women were going to vote for Hillary Clinton because they media is anti-Trump and pro-Clinton. I also knew that married women tend to vote the way their husbands do.

It’s because, ultimately, women do what they’re told to do.

Decades ago, the late Stalinist monster Betty Friedan wrote The Feminine Mystique which was about how housewives were bored and should take up careers. It was the fault of men, of course.

Lots of housewives were bored, but it never occurred to Friedan that feminism is the result of peace and prosperity (created by the technology and ideas of men) and not “patriarchy” and “oppression.”

Women fell for Friedan’s nonsense by the millions – and look at the result. Women did want they were told to do.

When I was 17 years old I meet a man who told me “the feminine is the emotional, the passive and the dependent.” That’s been my experience.

Women are generally ruled by their feelings and not their reason – and it’s why they shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

It reminds me of what Jack Nicholson’s character said in As Good As It Gets about why he understood women so well: “I think of a man and take away reason and accountability.”

Women today are about as unhappy as they have ever been and the number of them I know on psychiatric medication is close to astronomical.

Women are trying to imitate men – and they’re doing it badly. “I want a career, then I want home and husband and babies!” They’re doing what they’re told to do, only it’s not working out. So of course they’re doubling down – and of course it’s still men’s fault.

It’s not surprising that Schopenhauer and Lord Chesterfield suggested that women were just big children. What else were they supposed to think about goofy creatures who imitate men and when it doesn’t work out blame their problems on those very same men?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

“I want a career, then I want home and husband and babies!”

Women want fried ice.

What do women want? Everything.

It's nothing new. They think they can be a man with a career and a mother taking care of a home. Those are two full time jobs...and I'd argue the motherhood part is probably the harder and more time consuming of the two. That's why there was a division of labor.

Unknown said...

And there's plenty of working women who decide to let other women raise their kids, because guess what...raising smaller kids requires a lot. I don't know what daycare rates are but I bet they are comprable to the salary a woman makes in a year with her job.

Shaun F said...

Earl - Daycare rates for new born to four year old are 900-1200$. Up to 1400$ for mothers who want their children to have a spa like treatment. With two children you can get a discounted rate if spaces are available at the same daycare.