Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Smile and a Head Tilt

Many years ago I became interested in body language when a young woman walking by me smiled, brushed her hair back with a hand, and thrust her boobs out at me. I thought, what is that? I knew she had a crush on me but I had never seen that before. So I looked it up.

Turns out it's flirting behavior and among women it's instinctive. Perhaps I had never noticed it before, being pretty dense about those things.

There are other things I found out. One is the head tilt, which exposes the side of the side of the neck. So I started watching these things, and sure enough I started seeing them.

If a woman smiles at a man and does the head tilt, many men will smile back and even try to start a conversation.

I'd had more than one woman ask me, "How do I attract guys?" I tell them at the minimum, do those two things.

Dogs only do the head tilt when we're talking to them, and it's so endearing because it looks like they're desperately trying to understand us.

I've noticed I do the head tilt when listening to people. It's automatic for me. You know a comment I get a lot? "You sure are a good listener."

1 comment:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Those pugs are awesome!