I know quite a few people who have been in prison. Most have been drug addicts.
None have been raised all the badly – but not great, either. Their parents have mostly been lower-class. Mostly nice people but lower-class. Not all that bright.
But I’ve always wondered about their genetics.
By the way I’m not advocating some sort of government eugenics program – it’s been tried in the past, including sterilization (the Nazis got their eugenics program from the U.S. – and we know to where that led).
But doesn’t every parent want their children to marry the best they can, including genetically? Don’t we judge people on their genes even we don’t consciously know it? How many men have any interest in ugly women? Aren’t men really saying, “Their genes – ugh!”
I’ve occasionally wondered how much our genetics influence us. I keep reading 40% to 50%. That sounds about right to me. This of course means the environment has a huge influence.
I once read a very influential novel, written over a hundred years ago, called The Shepherd of the Hills. The author suggested people spent more time and effort breeding dogs than people. I saw the same suggestions in Gone with the Wind.
I do know Donald Trump’s father told him the family was what it was because of their genetic ancestry – German and Scottish (which is a very common combination in the U.S., including me).
I do know of one well-known writer (whose name I cannot remember) who said he decided to not have children because his father was a psychopath, and he was afraid it was inherited and his children might inherit it (some of the more ignorant in the Manosphere refer to these conscienceless, loveless, guilt-free, crime-prone psychopaths as “Dark Triad Alphas”).
The best-known movie about the genetically stupid taking over the world is “Idiocracy,” which is funny. It appears to be based on a famous science-fiction story called “The Marching Morons,” which is not funny at all.
In that story, 90% of the people breed themselves into being morons, 10% of the people have all the brains and have to support the other 90%, whom they decide to kill all by shooting them into space in spaceships.
All of this raises the question of letting the genetically stupid emigrate from the catastrophic countries they have created to the United States.
Leftists, who have no sense whatsoever, believe everyone is created just by the environment and therefore humanity is completely plastic. Everyone else, even if they don’t articulate it, knows that genetics plays a great part (as, of course, does environment).
Africa is pretty much a basket-case because the average IQ over there is below 70 (the U.S. and Europe have to support the continent with massive amounts of aid).
Donald Trump, while campaigning, said he wanted to cut off all Muslim immigration (by the way, cutting it off completely is not unconstitutional). I wonder to what extent he thinks – after what his father told him - these people are so genetically different from Americans that they shouldn’t be here because they’ll never fit in and become Americans.
There is an argument (and I think it is a good one) that culture and religion are greatly influenced by our genetics. If this really is true we need more Europeans over here (I know quite a quite a few Europeans who want to immigrate to the U.S. but can’t get in).
On the other hand if you are a Mexican (the mean average IQ in Mexico is 89) you can walk over the border) or climb over a fence (I heard a joke many years ago that the reason Mexico doesn’t send anyone to the Olympics is because all the Mexicans who can run, jump or swim are here).
Since wealthier countries have for thousands of years failed to reproduce themselves they have imported foreigners, who have then destroyed the culture.
If this keeps us in the U.S. we’re going to end up with ten percent of the people who have all brains and money and power – and everyone else will be a Marching Moron.
No one in their right mind wants this. And it can all be avoided by some simple changes in the law.